There something about the summertime that calls for light refreshing dishes bursting with flavors and vibrant colors One such dish that embodies the essence of summer is our Cucumber Onion and Tomato Salad.
This salad isn’t just about health it’s a delightful medley of textures and tastes that will awaken your palate Whether your searching for a side dish to complement a barbecue or a nourishing meal to beat the heat this salad is your answer.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Chilling Time: 15-30 minutes Serving: 4 servings satisfying lunch
For the Salad
For the Dressing
1. Prepare the Dressing
- Lets start by making the dressing In a small bowl whisk together the extra virgin olive oil red wine vinegar minced garlic Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper Set this delectable dressing aside allowing the flavors to meld.
2. Assemble the Salad
- In a large salad bowl combine the thinly sliced cucumbers finely sliced red onion and the juicy tomato wedges.
- Now let add some freshness Gently toss in the torn basil leaves and finely chopped parsley.
Drizzle and Toss
- It’s time to bring it all together Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad You can always adjust the amount to your preference later.
- Carefully toss the salad to ensure that the dressing coats every ingredient evenly enhancing the flavors with each bite.
4. Chill and Serve
- Cover the salad bowl and refrigerate for approximately 15-30 minutes This allows the flavors to mingle and intensify.
- When youre ready to serve garnish the salad with a few more fresh basil leaves to add an extra burst of aroma and flavor.
- Calories per serving: 120-140 calories
- Protein: 2-3g
- Carbohydrates: 10-12g
- Fat: 8-10g
- Fiber: 2-3g
Eating healthily doesnt mean sacrificing flavor or satisfaction and our Cucumber Onion and Tomato Salad is living proof of that.
It’s a vibrant nutrient packed dish that embodies the essence of summer.
With every bite you’ll experience the crispness of cucumbers the zing of red onions the juiciness of ripe tomatoes and the aromatic notes of fresh basil and parsley all harmonized by a delectable dressing.
Whether you re serving it at a family gathering a picnic or simply craving a burst of freshness on your plate this salad will be a hit.
It’s time to embrace the goodness of seasonal produce and savor the taste of health and deliciousness combined in one unforgettable dish.
Enjoy the crunch relish the flavors and make this Cucumber Onion and Tomato Salad a staple in your summer repertoire.
Can I Use Different Types of Tomatoes for This Salad?
Absolutely While ripe red tomatoes are a classic choice for this salad due to their sweet and juicy nature you can experiment with different tomato varieties.
Try using heirloom tomatoes for a colorful twist or cherry tomatoes for a burst of sweetness.
The choice is yours and it can add an interesting dimension to the salad flavor and appearance.
How Long Can I Store Leftover Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad?
This salad is best enjoyed fresh as the cucumbers can release water over time making it less crisp.
However if you have leftovers you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Before serving again give it a gentle toss to redistribute the dressing and revive the flavors.
Can I Customize the Dressing to Suit My Preferences?
Absolutely The dressing in this recipe offers a delightful balance of acidity and flavor but feel free to customize it to your liking.
If you prefer a tangier dressing add more red wine vinegar For a milder taste reduce the amount of garlic or mustard.
Remember the beauty of homemade salads is that you can adjust the dressing to match your personal taste preferences perfectly.