Embracing the sweltering days of summer is incomplete without a generous scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream. Nothing beats the pure, creamy delight of crafting your own ice-cold treat.
Say goodbye to store-bought pints and join us on a journey to create a DIY Easy Vanilla Ice Cream that’s not just effortless but truly sensational. As we delve into this recipe you discover the joy of indulging in a cool luscious creation that epitomizes the essence of summer
Cooking Time and Preparation Time
- Cooking Time: Approximately 20-25 minutes .
- Preparation Time: Approximately 10 minutes for ingredient mixing and ice cream maker preparation.
This delightful yields approximately six of pure unadulterated delight.
For the Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Creating the Ice Cream Base
- Begin by whisking together the heavy whipping cream and whole milk in a large mixing bowl, The melding of these two dairy ingredients is where the magic begins.
- Gradually introduce the granulated sugar to the mixture, ensuring each granule dissolves completely. The sugar adds the essential sweetness that makes vanilla ice cream so irresistible.
- Incorporate the pure vanilla extract, infusing the base with the rich, aromatic flavor of vanilla. Don’t forget a pinch of salt to accentuate the sweetness and enhance the overall taste. Blend until all components harmoniously combine.
2. Churning the Ice Cream
- With your ice cream base prepared, it’s time to transform it into a velvety delight Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, following the manufacturer instructions for churning.
- As the ice cream maker works its magic, you witness a gradual transformation Over the course of 20-25 minutes, the mixture will thicken and the consistency will evolve into the creamy dream you desire.
3. Freezing to Perfection
- The churned ice cream now demands a brief stint in the freezer to reach its ultimate potential.
- Transfer your freshly churned masterpiece into an airtight container Use a spatula to level the surface, ensuring a uniform texture throughout.
- To prevent the formation of unwelcome ice crystals press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the ice cream’s surface.
- Seal the container with a snug-fitting lid and place it within the freezer chilly embrace.
- Allow your vanilla ice cream to set for a minimum of 4 hours, though the temptation may encourage you to wait longer, as patience often leads to greater rewards.
- Calories per serving: Around 320-350 calories
- Protein: 2-3g
- Carbohydrates: 23-25g
- Fat: 24-26g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 21-23g
You just embarked on a journey to create the perfect summer companion DIY Easy Vanilla Ice Cream By embracing a handful of simple ingredients and a sprinkle of patience you crafted a delectable homemade treat.
Whether served in a crispy cone or a cozy bowl this creamy vanilla ice cream embodies the true essence of summer. So, gather your ingredients, let the ice cream maker whirl, and relish the joy of indulging in a taste of pure summer bliss!
Can I Substitute Heavy Whipping Cream with a Lighter Cream in this Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe?
Absolutely you can substitute heavy whipping cream with lighter options like half and half or whole milk for a lighter version of vanilla ice cream.
However keep in mind that the richness and creaminess of the final product may vary. Heavy whipping cream contributes to a creamier texture while lighter creams will result in a less indulgent but still delicious treat.
Can I Add Mix-Ins Like Chocolate Chips or Fruit to the Vanilla Ice Cream?
Certainly Adding mix ins like chocolate chips crushed cookies or fresh fruit is a fantastic way to customize your homemade vanilla ice cream.
After the churning process is complete and just before transferring the ice cream to the freezer gently fold in your desired mix ins. Be creative and experiment with different combinations to create your signature flavor.
How Long Can I Store Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in the Freezer?
Homemade vanilla ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months, but it’s best when enjoyed within the first few weeks to savor its optimal flavor and texture.
To prevent freezer burn and maintain freshness, ensure the container is airtight and consider placing plastic wrap directly on the ice cream’s surface before sealing the container.
Just remember, the longer it’s stored, the texture may become denser over time, but it will still be delicious.