This is IT. It’s the last of our Summer Friday Cocktail Series and I hope you’re ready for a fun one.
Last summer Rebecca perfected this gorgeous Frozen Strawberry Margarita and it got us thinking…why not recreate this perfect warm-weather drink with another delicious fruit? Say hello to the easiest, most refreshing frozen mango margarita made with just 4 simple ingredients and blended right up in your blender.
It’s thick, cold, perfectly sweet, and will seriously transport you to a tropical vacation no matter where you are. We like to add a tajín rim and a little cocktail umbrella to our glasses to really feel like we’re OOO and on a beach somewhere. Serve it up at your next girl’s night or backyard get-together and remember to take plenty of Instagram-worthy photos (it’s THAT gorgeous). Cheers!
Ingredients in the perfect frozen mango margarita
The best part about this cocktail? We’re keeping it SIMPLE. This frozen mango margarita recipe requires just 4 ingredients and some ice to blend up to perfection. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Frozen mango: feel free to use store-bought frozen mango chunks or slice up a fresh mango using this tutorial and freeze the cubes to make this recipe.
- Tequila: I always use silver tequila in my margarita recipes because it has a light flavor to it.
- Lime juice: fresh lime juice will add acidity to balance the sweetness of the mango.
- Sweetener: feel free to use agave nectar or simple syrup to sweeten the cocktail. See below how to make your own simple syrup! No need for triple sec or orange liqueur (common in frozen margs).
- Ice: you *may* need some ice cubes to thicken the margarita to your liking.
- To garnish: I like to garnish my glass with a tajín rim and a fun paper umbrella! How cute?!
Yes, you can try other fruits
As I mentioned, we originally made this recipe using strawberries and it was SO good. Here are some more flavor options that make the perfect base for a frozen margarita (just remember to freeze them first!):
Make your own simple syrup
No agave? No problem. Make homemade simple syrup by shaking equal parts granulated sugar and water together in a jar for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves completely. For these frozen mango margaritas, you’ll need 2 tablespoons of each.
Our favorite way to garnish
I love adding tajín or sea salt to the rim of my glass to pair with the sweetness of the mango! Tajín is a Mexican spice blend that typically consists of dried, ground chilies, sea salt, and dehydrated lime juice.
To add tajin to your glass you’ll simply cut a wedge from a lime and rub the cut side of the lime along the rim of the glass. Pour tajín (or sea salt) onto a plate and dip the wet glass rim into the tajín to coat it. If you love sweet flavors you could also add coarse sugar to your glass! Add a colorful umbrella for an extra special touch if you’d like.
How to make a frozen mango margarita
- Prep your glasses. Start by adding tajín, sea salt, or coarse sugar to your glasses as described.
- Blend the margarita. Add your frozen mango, tequila, sweetener, and lime juice to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. If the mixture looks too thin, simply blend in some ice cubes.
- Pour & serve. Pour the mango margarita into each glass, garnish with fun umbrellas, and serve!
Looking to serve more people?
Feel free to simply double, triple, or quadruple this frozen mango margarita recipe to bring the party to more people! You’ll likely just need to make it in batches in your blender.
Our favorite cocktail-making tools
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here!
More delicious cocktail recipes
Get more cocktail recipes here!
I hope you love these frozen mango margaritas! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Delicious, refreshing frozen mango margarita made with 4 simple ingredients for the ultimate summer cocktail treat. This easy frozen mango margarita recipe blends up in just 5 minutes and seriously tastes like a tropical vacation! Perfect for girl’s nights and summer parties. Paper umbrellas optional, but recommended!
- For the cocktail:
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ½ ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces agave (or simple syrup)
- 1 ½ cups ice (if necessary to thicken)
- For serving:
- Lime wedges for rimming the glass + garnishing
- 1 tablespoon Tajín (or chile lime seasoning)
- Paper umbrellas for garnishing
Start by preparing your glasses: Add tajín (or chile lime seasoning) to a small plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the edge of the glass, then roll the glass in the tajín from side to side until well coated.
Add frozen mango, tequila, agave (or simple syrup), and lime juice to a high powered blender and blend on high until smooth. If the mixture is looking thin, add ice cubes and blend again until smooth
Pour into the rimmed glasses and garnish with paper umbrellas if desired. Cheers!
See the full post for tips, tricks & ways to customize this cocktail!
Serving: 1frozen margaritaCalories: 294calCarbohydrates: 40.2gProtein: 1.2gFat: 0.6gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 34g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by Eat Love Eats