Potato salad is one of my favorite summer side dishes, and you can’t beat homemade. I actually really dislike the taste of store-bought potato salad and coleslaw. They taste really fake to me, and the potato doesn’t really taste like potato at all. For how simple and easy this light caesar potato salad recipe is, there really isn’t much reason to not make your own, and everyone will absolutely love it and ask for the recipe! If you love the taste of a good caesar salad, then you’ll love all the flavors in this potato salad. The dressing is garlicky and cheesy and that, alongside the potatoes, bacon and green onion makes a perfect combo!
I mean, can you really go wrong with garlic, bacon and green onion? Yum! I had a hard time just ‘tasting’ this recipe as I couldn’t stop eating it! The dressing really makes it!
If you’re looking for another great and healthier potato salad, try my Easy Mayo-less Potato Salad. Its super easy as well, and a great traditional potato salad recipe.
Light Caesar Potato Salad
Author: Kristine Fretwell
Recipe type: Side
- 1½ lbs baby potatoes (675 g) I used one of those small bags of baby potatoes
- 1 recipe of Best Ever Light Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, chopped – 4 slices
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in boiling water until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, make the caesar dressing as instructed on the recipe.
- Once your potatoes are done, drain them, allow to cool for a few minutes. Add in the caesar dressing, bacon and green onion and season with salt and pepper to taste (optional).
- Place in fridge and allow to cool for at least 30-40 minutes.
- Store leftovers in sealed container. Should be good for about 4-5 days.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 103 Fat: 5.4 g Saturated fat: 1.8 g Carbs: 10.2 g Sugar: 2.1 g Sodium: 147 mg Fiber: 1.3 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 9.2 mg