I love a good salad, and what better way to celebrate the start of summer than this strawberry mixed greens salad with chia balsamic dressing. Sure, the title is a mouthful, but so are the incredible flavors in this salad! Strawberries and balsamic vinegar are already known for being a fabulous combination, but I wanted to add some other delicious add ins such as chia seeds and toasted coconut chips! The savory and sweet combination going on here is simply amazing.
This hearty salad is a single serving, but if you must share, just double the recipe. I used Organicgirl 50/50 mixed greens which is a combo of baby spinach, baby green & red romaine lettuce, baby red oakleaf lettuce, baby green oakleaf lettuce, baby red & green chard, lolla rosa, arugula, mizuna, tatsoi and baby greenleaf & redleaf lettuce. How’s that for variety! I’ve been very much enjoying their greens as they’re already washed 3 times so they’re ready to go straight out of the package.
For even more nutrition, I sprinkled on a few hemp seeds, but that’s totally optional. The bigger salad the better, is my motto! Happy salad making!
Strawberry Mixed Greens Salad with Chia Balsamic Dressing
Author: Kristine Fretwell
Recipe type: Main
- 3 cups mixed greens (I used Organicgirl 50/50 greens)
- 1 Tbsp roasted coconut chips (or roasted shredded coconut)
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp oil (I used virgin olive oil)
- ½ Tbsp almond butter
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- First, assemble dressing. Mix all dressing ingredients together, whisking with a fork. Place in fridge to cool.
- Then, place greens in a large bowl, add in all the toppings (coconut, feta, sliced strawberries).
- Serve with dressing on top.
Serving size: 1 serving Calories: 228 Fat: 16.5 g Saturated fat: 4.6 g Carbs: 17 g Sugar: 3.6 g Sodium: 391 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 7 g
This post was sponsored by Organicgirl, but my thoughts and opinions are my own.